Visitors to Dusit Hospitality Education websites
Dusit Hospitality Education may combine our cookies and information (collected through the cookies and measurement tools) on the Dusit Hospitality Education websites with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and measurement tools) to provide better or more relevant services and information.
Purpose of Collecting and Holding Personal Information
Dusit Hospitality Education collects and holds personal information for the purpose of providing educational products and services and requests information to manage and administer those products and services. When Dusit Hospitality Education collects personal information about individuals who are not students, Dusit Hospitality Education generally does so for the purposes for which the information was provided. All appropriate personal information will be held by Dusit Hospitality Education to satisfy record-keeping obligations.
Dusit Hospitality Education will provide individuals with the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with Dusit Hospitality Education where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making an enquiry). Generally is it not practicable or lawful for Dusit Hospitality Education to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis (for example, if the individual wishes to enrol in a course of study).
Security of Information
Dusit Hospitality Education sometimes maintains personal information in paper-based and electronic records and systems. Personal information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for storage (with the paper-based document either being archived or securely destroyed). Archived records are stored at an external storage facility in Thailand and information held in electronic form is generally held on servers controlled by Dusit Hospitality Education in Thailand. Dusit Hospitality Education uses physical security, password protection and other measures to ensure that all personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
DHE uses and discloses personal information for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this Policy. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, unless consent has been given or Dusit Hospitality Education is authorised or required to do so by law.
Personal information will generally only be used or disclosed as follows:
- 1.) To provide the products, services or information requested from Dusit Hospitality Education (including enrolment, assessment and issuing certificates of completion).
- 2.) Personal information may also be disclosed to third parties (where applicable) to assist Dusit Hospitality Education with functions such as recruitment of students, work integrated learning placements or providing overseas student health insurance cover
- 3.) To register and administer events, promotions or competitions
- 4.) To verify personal information details upon request from third parties, such as completion of courses, a request from a potential employer verifying a qualification and further enrolment into another institution
- 5.) To comply with Dusit Hospitality Education’s legal and regulatory obligations, including disclosure and reporting to the Kingdom of Thailand government agencies for planning, evaluative, administrative and funding purposes. This may include:
- 6.) disclosure to government agencies responsible for administrating and regulating education and training providers in Thailand, such as the Office of Higher Education Commission (OHEC), the Office of Vocational Education Commission (OVEC), the Office of Private Education Commission (OPEC), and
- 7.) disclosure to government agencies with responsibility for administering immigration and student visa arrangements (including disclosure of suspected breaches of student visa conditions)
- 8.) For students under 18, information regarding attendance, progress and general well-being may be provided in order to keep parent(s) and/or guardian(s) adequately informed
- 9.) To assist Dusit Hospitality Education to make its sites, service and products more accessible and valuable to students and other visitors
- 10.) To perform various administrative or management functions including administering billing and debt recovery; training of staff and contractors and managing their work performance and career progression, quality assurance and evaluation; maintenance and testing of information technology systems; obtaining advice from consultants and professional advisers; management of legal liabilities and claims (including liaising with legal representatives and insurers)
Dusit Hospitality Education uses and discloses the personal information it collects for direct marketing purposes.
Individuals may contact Dusit Hospitality Education to request not to receive direct marketing communications. Direct marketing may include providing individuals with information regarding products, services and new developments. If an individual does not wish to receive marketing material, please note Dusit Hospitality Education will still contact them in relation to the ongoing relationship. For example, Dusit Hospitality Education will still send individuals invoices and information that are relevant to their course of study.
Disclosure of Information to Overseas Recipients
Unless consent has been given or an exception to the Thailand privacy principles apply, Dusit Hospitality Education will only disclose personal information to overseas recipients where reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the overseas recipient does not breach the Thailand Draft Personal Data Protection Act in relation to your personal information.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
For simple enquiries regarding personal information (such as confirming current contact details or confirming results) please contact the relevant Student Services team. To request access to personal information, please contact Dusit Hospitality Education’s designated Privacy Officer at email@example.com . In limited circumstances, access to personal information may be declined in accordance with the Thailand Draft Personal Data Protection Act.
Dusit Hospitality Education endeavours to keep all personal information accurate, up-to-date and complete; however, if information held by Dusit Hospitality Education is considered to be inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, a request can be made for a correction of the information. Please contact Dusit Hospitality Education’s designated Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (using Data Privacy Officer in the subject) After receiving such a request, Dusit Hospitality Education will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
A request to remove or delete personal information may not be possible to comply with where the personal information must be retained by Dusit Hospitality Education for a period specified by applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Dusit Hospitality Education may refuse a request to access, correct or delete personal information in certain circumstances. In such instances, Dusit Hospitality Education will provide a reason for the decision.
Enquiries and Complaints
All privacy enquiries and complaints should be directed in writing to the Privacy Officer using the email address above. Dusit Hospitality Education will respond to a complaint within a reasonable period of time. The contact details for Dusit Hospitality Education are:
Data Privacy Officer
5th Floor, Dusit Thani Building,
946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500 Thailand