The Waiting Game

The Waiting Game

by Benkei Mom -
Number of replies: 2

I will be honest, I have never made a complaint in a restaurant before. Not because all the restaurants I have been to were always good, but I just never had the assurance to make a complaint. However, I can recall one of my friends telling me a story of when he made a complaint to a restaurant back in the Philippines. My friend went to a restaurant with some of his classmates. As they seated themselves in the restaurant they waited and called, waited and called, waited and called until after 10 minutes one of the waiters came to ask if they were ready to order. With the look of confusion on my friend’s face, he told the waiter that they don’t know what to order because they did not get the menu. The waiter apparently apologized and came back with the menu. After ordering their food and drinks, the waiting game begins. As they waited and waited and waited and waited until it took about 20-25 minutes for their drinks to arrive, which most of them ordered was just water. After their drinks arrived, they waited and waited and waited and waited, until the big pot of rice came. My friend and his friends at this point were getting hungrier and hungrier as time goes by, but they kept waiting and waiting, to the point where my friend tried to get the attention of the waiter, which took him another 4-5 times, to which he got annoyed and stood up and walked over to the cashier. He asked about their order as they’ve been waiting for almost over an hour for their food and they said they were going to check on it for them, so he decided to just pay and leave.

In reply to Benkei Mom

Re: The Waiting Game

by Onchompoo Peankhontod -

In my opinion this restaurant didn’t trained staff good enough or the staff just don’t have good skill. They should take care more and make more good customer service to the customers. At you friends side all is about emotion and feelings when you get not good service you just don’t want to eat there and remember that this restaurant make them have worst experience but not everyone that pay money and away from that restaurant.

In reply to Benkei Mom

Re: The Waiting Game

by Suphitchaya Sathitsingkhon -

I feel bad for your friend. I think their staff should be more attentive and effective on their duty, it bad that they did not care more about customer service and customer experience. What I think they take more all the detail that might affect the customer experience  and that can cost your profit and lose the truth customers that will never come on that restaurant again.